Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mariestad commercial - excellent strategic execution

One of my favourite commercials at the moment is for the beer brand Mariestad. The link should take you to the commercial that I am talking about. Mariestad is one of the most popular beer brands in Sweden - I'm not updated on their latest sales figures but it's certainly amongst the top 3 sold beer brands. And its positioned as the beer brand of choice for those who enjoy the fine side of life. The most recent commercial (superbly directed by Jonas Åkerlund) emphasises that point really well. I like it and I am impressed with the strategic analysis and positioning job that Spendrups must have done to set Mariestad on the market. It shows that they've done a good segmentation and consumer insight job for a start - something that's too often overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment